It is a sad truth—and it also seems paradoxical—but millions of people around the world are both over-powered and under-powered. The fact is that malnutrition can exist even when calories are abundant—it just demands too much food with too little nutritious value.
Modern food supply is overloaded with highly transformed, calorie-rich, and appetizing foods that lack essential nutrients. Moreover, most of us are not as physically active as they should.
The Interest of Proteined and Nutrient-rich Shakers
As a result, many of us have become overpowered and underpowered. With a power supply that provides excess calories and a shortage of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, there is a good chance that our health will suffer from them.
The way to push back is to focus on foods that bring a good dose of nutrients into the calories they provide. And meal substitutes, like protein drinks, can fill this gap. Not only can they provide balanced nutrition, but they have also proven to be safe and effective tools for weight loss and weight management.Proteined beverages may serve for various purposes. Some shakes are designed to simply supplement the diet with proteins, while others are more nutritionally comprehensive and can be used to replace a meal. We have both types of milkshakes at Herbalife's. Our best-selling product in the world is the Healthy Meal Nutrient Whipped Beverage Mixture Formula 1. In 2015, we sold 67.1 million Formula 1 milkshake boxes, or 1.53 billion portions!
The benefits of formula 1
When prepared according to the label instructions, a Formula 1 milkshake is simply this: a healthy, balanced and easy to prepare meal. This delicious substitute for shake meal provides proteins, fats and carbohydrates for good nutrition and weight management. Although most varieties of Formula 1 milk are made with soy proteins, other protein sources are available, including whey, milk, peas and sesame.
A portion of skimmed milk of Formula 1 contains 8 oz. skimmed milk (US consumption):
- 25 grams of protein
- 21 vitamins and minerals
- 30 % of recommended daily intake of antioxidant vitamins A (beta-carotene), C and E
- More than 25% of recommended daily potassium intake
- No cholesterol, no trans fat
The nutritionally balanced protein beverages benefit from:
- They can help meet nutrient needs
- They are fast and practical.
- The fact that protein drinks are portable is a huge more. Once your shake is mixed, he's ready for employment.
- They are offered in a variety of flavours
- They facilitate the monitoring of calorie intake.
How do I customize her herbalife shaker?
And as if you start with a blank canvas, you can customize your shake with all kinds of additions, like extra proteins, fruit and vegetables, and more.
Here are some of the ways to proceed:
- Proteins - The needs vary from person to person - age, sex, height and body composition are all taken into account. The protein powder may already be an ingredient of your drink whipped, but adding additional proteins, such as personalized Herbalife® protein powder, is one of the easiest ways to get more protein and 'to adjust the amount to your personal needs. In addition, it fits perfectly and does not change the flavor. Fat-free dairy products and low in fat such as cottage cheese, ricotta cheese or yogurt can also be used to provide additional protein.
- Fruits and vegetables - Aside berries or bananas typical, you can try to mix with less typical fruits like kiwi, pomegranate seeds, guava and melon. Vegetables such as cooked carrots, pumpkin, beetroot and butternut squash are great stimulants to shake because they are slightly sweet. And green vegetables for babies - babies like spinach - have a mild flavor and are excellent complements to shake. Moreover, this is an easy way to consume more servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
- beneficial fats - The seeds such as flax, hemp, chia or sunflowers add a little texture to your drink whipped and give a little boost to minerals (mainly copper and zinc) and omega-3 fatty acids. The butter - like almond butter, walnut or pistachio - also provides zinc and copper, as well as protein and fiber.
- More fiber - The oatmeal, chia seeds, flax seeds, apples and berries to help increase your intake of soluble fiber - that's the type of fibers that trap water and swell, contributing to the feeling of satiety. Carrots, most other grains and leafy vegetables can increase the amount of insoluble fiber in your diet - the type of fiber that helps keep you regular. You can also add Herbalife Active Fiber Complex ®, which provides both types of fiber.
- Spices and Herbs - Try a pinch of fresh cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice or cloves, or add a little spice with ginger or even a hint of white pepper. Since these plant products, spices also provide phytonutrients and antioxidants. You may not have thought to add herbs to your shake, but there are many who work very well, like mint, rosemary, thyme or basil.
- Extracts and zest - A little lemon zest or fresh orange adds a lively flavor and fresh to your shake, and there are also some healthy oils in the citrus peel. I also like to keep all handy kinds of extracts - as pure vanilla, almond, coconut and peppermint for extra flavor.
- Digestive Support - Herbalife Aloe Concentrate to Herbalife® herbs adds a mild, sweet flavor to your smoothies and promotes the absorption of nutrients in your digestive tract. Yogurt contains probiotics - the "good" bacteria that promote digestive health. Ginger and peppermint are both known to facilitate the digestive process. Chia seeds are a rich source of soluble fiber, which promotes the growth of good bacteria in your intestines.
So even if you start with a milkshake based vanilla, Supplements allow almost endless variety of options, making protein shakes a versatile choice for people who want a healthy diet and on the go. Ready to buy your Formula 1 and give you a boost?