To start following the Herbalife diet, a few simple steps are needed.
Step 1: Contact an independent Herbalife distributor
As Herbalife is a multi-level marketing company, its products are available at procurement than through herbalife independent distributors. In this case you can subscribe directly on our site to buy your products and discover :-)
You can connect with a distributor directly on the Herbalife website or via personal connections if you know an authorized dealer.
Step 2: Choose your weight loss program
The next step is to choose the Herbalife Weight Loss Program that suits you. You have the choice between three versions:
- The QuickStart program: includes meal replacement shakes, a powdered tea drink, a mineral multivitamin (MVM) and a supplement to stimulate the metabolism.
- The Advanced Program: includes the entire QuickStart program, plus two supplements extra To increase energy and reduce water retention.
- The ultimate program: includes all of the advanced program, plus two additional supplements for the management of blood glucose and digestion.
The price of these programs varies from about 150 to $ 275 per month.
Step 3: Start the Herbalife diet
Follow the Herbalife diet is relatively easy.
Simply replace two meals a day with Herbalife Milk-Shakes and take the supplements supplied with the program that you bought.
There are no food restrictions on the Herbalife diet, but it is generally recommended to drink plenty of water and eating small frequent meals and snacks that include a lot of fruits and vegetables.
There are no official recommendations over the duration of your Herbalife diet, but most people continue until they reach their weight loss goal.
To start the Herbalife program, simply connect to a herbalife distributor, buying the program of your choice and start consuming shakes and supplements.
Can she help you lose weight?
The Herbalife regime is designed for to help People lose weight by reducing their caloric intake through meal substitutes and stimulating their metabolism by supplements.
There were no studies on the program full Herbalife weight loss, but meal substitutes seem to help weight loss.
Herbalife Meal Replacement Shakes
Each portion (two balls or 25 grams) of the Herbalife meal substitute mixture contains (1):
- Calories: 90
- Lipids: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fibers: 3 g
- Sugar: 9 g
- Proteins: 9 g
When mixed with 240 ml (8 ounces) of skim milk, the mixture supplies 170 calories per serving and is a meal substitute weak Calorie.
In general, meal substitutes can help people lose weight when used up to one year (2, 3).
In fact, research suggests that they can be more efficient for short-term weight loss than traditional hypocaloric regimes (4).
Only one study, sponsored by Herbalife, specifically tested the effectiveness of Herbalife Milk-Shakes.
This study revealed that people who replaced two meals a day by Herbalife shakes loses on average 12.5 pounds (5 kg) in 12 weeks (5).
The search is lacking on the long-term benefits of meal substitutes, but at least one study Suggested that they could help prevent weight gain over several years (6).
A second study found that people who used meal replacements shaken for three months before moving to a low calorie diet weighed less after four years than those who followed a diet (7).
Overall, the research suggests that substitutes of shaken meals can help people lose weight in the short term, but other food and lifestyle strategies may be needed to lose weight long term and maintain their weight.
The supplements recommended in Herbalife weight loss programs include:
- Formula 2 Multivitamin: A standard multivitamin with several minerals for general nutrition.
- Cell Activator Formula 3: A supplement of alpha lipoic acid, aloe vera, pomegranate, rhodiola, pine bark and resveratrol which claims to promote nutrient absorption, metabolism and mitochondrial health.
- Tea Concentrate: A drink mix powder-based tea extracts and caffeine which is intended to provide energy additional antioxidant support.
- Full control: A supplement containing caffeine, ginger, three kinds of tea (green, black and oolong) and a pomegranate rind that claims to boost energy.
- Cell-U-Loss: Supplement containing electrolytes, corn silk extract, parsley, dandelion and asparagus root which is intended to reduce the retention of water.
- Snack Defense: supplement containing chromium and Gymnema sylvestre extract that claims to support the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Aminogen: Supplement containing protease enzymes, which are said to improve digestion of proteins.
Although these supplements contain many ingredients and claim to help energy metabolism and weight loss, there are no studies to prove their effectiveness.
In addition, supplements are not regulated by any government agency in terms of quality or purity, so that there is no guarantee that they contain the ingredients advertised.
Replace two meals a day with Herbalife shakes can lead to modest weight loss, but it is not known whether the supplements that are part of the program have an additional advantage.
Benefits of Herbalife
In addition to contributing to weight loss, Herbalife program offers some additional benefits.
It is easy and convenient
The shakes meal replacement such as those used in the Herbalife plan may be attractive for busy people or those who do not have the time or interest to cook.
To prepare the milkshake, simply mix two balls powder with 240 ml (8 ounces) of skimmed milk and enjoy. The powder can also be mixed with ice or fruit for a smoothie.
Drink shakes instead of cooking can significantly reduce the time spent planning, Purchase and prepare meals. The Herbalife program is also very easy to follow.
The soy milk shakes can be good for the heart
The main ingredient of most meal replacement Herbalife isolate soy protein, a type of protein powder that comes from soybeans.
Some research suggests that soy protein consumption can lower cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart disease (8).
However, almost 50 grams per day are needed to achieve these effects (9, 10).
Two servings of meal replacement shakes Herbalife contain only 18 grams, it would therefore add to basic food soy to your diet (1).
A formula without soy is available.
For people allergic or sensitive to soy milk or cow, Herbalife offers a substitute alternative meal of pea protein, rice and sesame (1).
This product is also made from non-genetically modified ingredients, for those wishing to avoid Ogm.
Herbalife diet is practical and easy to follow, and soy shakes can even help reduce your risk of heart disease. For people sensitive or allergic to soy or dairy products, an alternative formula is available.
Although the program dietetic Herbalife has some advantages, it also has some disadvantages.
Shakes are highly processed
Herbalife meal replacements are made from highly processed ingredients, such as isolates proteins, sugars, gums, fibers, synthetic vitamins, artificial flavors and emulsifiers (1).
They also contain a variety of vitamins and minerals added to make up for the nutrients lacking in these processed ingredients.
One of the biggest drawbacks is that shakes are very high in sugar - 40 percent of calories in each serving come from added sugars, mostly fructose (1).
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends not to consume more than 5% of your daily calories in added sugars, equivalent to about 25 grams per day for an average adult (11).
Two servings of Herbalife shake provides 18 grams of added sugar, leaving little room for other sources during the day (1).
It is generally recommended to get your nutrients from less processed foods, such as high-quality protein, fruits, vegetables, grains whole and healthy fats.
Not true meal replacement.
Although Herbalife shakes are described as meal replacement shakes, they do not contain enough calories to constitute a meal.
Mixed with skim milk, milk shakes contain only 170 calories, which you probably will leave very hungry throughout the day.
Mix shake with fruit can help increase the calorie and fiber, but will not add extra protein or fat to satisfy you.
Each Herbalife meal replacement containing contains 30 servings and costs just over $ 40.
The two shakes per day recommended by Herbalife equivalent to about $ 80 a month for single milkshakes, not counting the cost of supplements.
Although the exchange of food against milkshakes can save you money the grocery storeThese savings may not be large enough to justify spending Additional related smoothies and supplements.
The herbal supplements can cause liver damage
Herbalife weight loss programs recommend several supplements that contain a myriad of ingredients.
These supplements have not been tested for efficiency and quality, and purity were not regulated by a government agency.
It is important to watch for signs of adverse reactions to supplements because they may occur.
In fact, there were several reports liver damage due to Herbalife weight loss supplements, sometimes requiring liver transplants or even causing death (12, 13, 14, 15).
In addition, some Herbalife products were contaminated by a proliferation of the bacterium B. subtilis, which is also linked to liver damage (16).
Keep in mind that adverse effects and liver damage can occur with many over-the-counter medications and supplements, and it is unclear whether the risks associated with Herbalife products are larger than other pills (13 )
It's not appropriate for everyone
The program dietetic Herbalife is not suitable for everyone.
People with allergies, sensitivities or intolerances in the ingredients contained in shakes or supplements should not follow this program.
Since many supplements are included, it is important to check with your doctor to make sure they do not interact with your medications or medical conditions.
Herbalife shakes are expensive, highly transformed and do not contain enough calories to be real meal substitutes. The recommended supplements can also be dangerous for some people.
Although most of your meals are shakes while you follow the Herbalife diet, you can have a meal regular And two small snacks of your choice every day.
Herbalife does not give detailed dietetic advice on what to eat, except shakes and supplements, so you can technically have what you want.
However, in order to promote weight loss, the Herbalife website recommends a diet rich in lean protein, fruits and vegetables, non-fat dairy products, whole grains, legumes, nuts and healthy greases.
Most of your meals on the Herbalife regime will be shakes of replacement Meal, but you will also have a meal and two snacks of your choice every day. Focus on low fat and calorie foods and poorly processed foods.
Food to avoid
No food is strictly forbidden in the Herbalife diet, but you should aim for hypocaloric meals rich in lean protein, fruits and vegetables.
Foods rich in calories or fats are allowed but must be consumed with moderation if you want to lose weight with the Herbalife regime.
No food is prohibited in the diet Herbalife, but foods rich in fats or calories should be consumed with moderation if you want to lose weight.
Here's what may one day look like the Herbalife Ultimate Weight Loss Program:
- Breakfast: Milk-shake Herbalife chocolate made with 240 ml (8 ounces) of skim milk and a half-banana, plus the formula 2 multivitamin, formula 3 cell activator, total control, cell-u-loss and aminogen.
- Snack: a tuna box and a small salad with the tea concentrate Snack Defense and an aminogen supplement.
- Lunch: Herbalife Vanilla Shake made with 240 ml (8 ounces) of skim milk and a half-banana, plus multivitamin formula, formula 3 cell activator, and total control, cell-u-loss and aminogenic supplements .
- Snack: a fruit With a tea concentrate and the supplement snack defense.
- Dinner: Grilled chicken with brown vegetables and rice, plus formula 2 multivitamin, total control and aminogenic supplements.
- As you can see, the meals are quite simple - but there are many supplements to take throughout the day.
An example menu for the Herbalife Weight Loss Program includes two Herbalife Shakes, a balanced meal of your choice, two snacks and supplements.
In addition to herbalife shakes and supplements, you will buy food at the grocery store for your other meals and snacks.
Here are some suggestions:
- Laughty proteins: chicken, turkey, pork lanyard, fish, lamb or lean beef.
- Fruits and vegetables: fresh, frozen, dried or canned.
- Dairy products skimmed or low fat: cow's milk or non-slag milk for milk-shakes, more other low fat or non-fat dairy products for snacks.
- Entire cereals and legumes: including brown rice, beans, lentils and quinoa.
- Healthy oils: olive oil, avocado oil or other nuts of nuts and seeds.
- Fruits with hulls and seeds: raw, roast or ground in flour or walnut butter.
- Highly processed foods or rich in calories or fat must be consumed with moderation.
Choose your favorite foods rich in protein, rich in fiber and low fat to grocery store for your extra dining and snacks.
The essential thing is that
The Herbalife regime includes hypocaloric meal substitutes and supplements stimulating metabolism.
It is practical, easy to follow and can help in short-term weight loss, although long-term success has not been studied.
However, it is expensive, can cause side effects and the safety and effectiveness of supplements have not been researched.
Others studies Are necessary to understand how the matching of dietary substitutes with a diet and long-term lifestyle changes affects weight loss and weight management.